- Interiors of the home are connected to the exteriors. Verandas and patios are linked to the house thru french doors and archways.
- Most homes have dramatic high ceilings with visible wooden beams.
- Favorite flooring options are terra-cotta, stone or wood with textured designs; Area rugs are found typically around seating. Fully carpeted rooms are not so common.
- Wall sconces, stairway railings, window rods etc., are made out of wrought iron and brass.
- Walls are left plastered in lighter or warm colors
- Colorful accessories are added to bring in the warmth and character to the room.
- Plenty of rustic wooden furniture are blended in with sofas and armchairs to create a natural look and feel to the room.
I throughly enjoyed writing about Indian Homes, French and now Spanish.. and so glad to see such a wonderful response from all of you! Without your support, I wouldn’t be blogging 🙂 Stay tuned for more world tours.. each style beautiful in its own way!